Thursday, February 9, 2012

"Panzees Scared"

Today is my wedding anniversary. Nothing says, "I love you" like waking up to find a giant vase of candy on the table. Thank you, Husband.

We're experiencing another uncommonly lovely day for February and this weather must be enjoyed. That's why the Bean and I headed to the Oakland Zoo today. An annual zoo membership was the best Mother's Day gift I've ever bought myself. Today's visit was great. I like to get there right when the zoo opens at 10 A.M. so we can make it around to almost every animal by lunch time and get into the car in time for Emma's nap. The only problem with my plan is that every other family with a toddler has the exact same plan, so the zoo is full of mommies and strollers. We fit in just fine.
When the chimps get noisy, Emma says, "Panzees scared."
Here, Kitty Kitty!











I am celebrating more than just four years of marriage today; I am also celebrating three weeks since Emma has been taking her oral anti-inflammatory only once daily instead of twice a day. The three week mark means we can stop giving it completely, since she's been doing wonderfully at the lower daily dose. Yay! One medicine down! Of course, Em's still getting the scary injectable meds once a week, but that's just how it's going to be for a while.

It's hard to see, but there is a meerkat to the right of Em on the other side of the window!
Here's the really exciting part: During our three hour adventure at the zoo today, Miss Emma walked the entire time and never asked to be picked up or ride in the stroller. That's the first time this has ever happened! Granted, she's getting older, stronger, and more stubborn, but she's also more comfortable than she's been in a long time. Thank goodness. Part of me worries that she'll be sore tomorrow. I wonder if I should have made her take a break and ride in the stroller. Part of me is grateful that she had the energy to be a crazy, little kid.

It's been a great day so far. Happy anniversary to me.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the anniversary and on less meds for the kiddo!

    ReplyDelete