Sunday, November 27, 2011

So Very Thankful

It has been a long, lovely week.

One of the benefits of being married is getting to celebrate each holiday at least twice. This year did not disappoint. We were fortunate enough to eat all the glorious deliciousness of Thanksgiving on Thursday with my parents, aunt, uncle, father-in-law, and sister-in-law. Two days later, we did it all again, with Barry's mom, brothers, and sisters. I hope we get a double dose of Christmas as well.

While vegetating after dinner at my parents' house, I made Barry climb into the attic with me and grab a couple of my old toys so that I can clean them up and give them to Emma as Christmas gifts. She'll be getting some lightly used My Little Ponies, a chair for her dolls, and a beautiful toy cradle that my Grandpa made for me as a Christmas gift when I was two years old. I'm excited to be able to share my cherished toys with my girl.

Here is one such toy.

I never played with this car; it was given to me as a gift in high school, long past my Barbie days. I had a collection of little, yellow VW Beetles and one of my most excellent friends decided this would be the perfect addition to that collection. It's been collecting dust for about a decade now, but Emma sure loved pushing it all over Grammie's house.

In unrelated news, I gave Emma both of her injections this afternoon all by myself. I couldn't have done it without the help of her high chair restraints and distracting videos on my phone, but this mama was tired of waiting around for Barry to get home, so I just made it work. It definitely wasn't easy, but we succeeded. Now I know that I can do it, and knowing is half the battle.

To keep with the spirit of Thanksgiving:
I am thankful for family and friends who make my world brighter. I am thankful for a husband who works hard to provide for our family. I am especially thankful that he has a job. I am thankful for my home, my amazing fireplace, warm water, and a soft pillow. I am thankful for my pets. I am thankful for our trials. Even though I hate JRA, I know it is making my family stronger, and I am very grateful for that increased strength. I am thankful for my Savior for giving me everything. I am thankful for my daughter. She is my miracle and she teaches me the meaning of unconditional love, bravery, and faith in ways that I never imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment