Thursday, November 10, 2011

29 years for me & 21 months for Em!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Thanks, Visiting Teachee, you're the best!
That's right, I'm tooting my own horn, but I think this is the one day a year when I'm perfectly allowed to do so. I love birthdays. I'm not one of those ladies who freaks out about getting a year older. It's okay that I have an increasing number of gray hairs, that's only natural. I'm fine with the fact that this is the last of my birthdays in my 20s, I'm just happy to be alive and well! Birthdays are a special day to celebrate! Today is a day when I can say, "Bring the kid into our bed, Honey, I don't feel like getting up yet!" It's okay that I dumped half a bowl of oatmeal straight into the compost bucket because I realized too late that my husband bought a custard-filled doughnut for my breakfast. Those are the kinds of things that are perfectly acceptable when it's my birthday.

Tomorrow Miss Emma will be 21 months old. Time is flying. In just three little months we'll have a two year old on our hands. She's getting ready for the terrible twos and has her tantrum throwing skills perfected ahead of schedule. We love her to pieces though, so I think it will all be okay. She is talking a ton, but we're frequently running into a problem. Emma will say something out of the blue that we can't understand. Barry and I have no context or reference point, so we start saying words back to her and she says "No" and repeats the mystery word. Sometimes we figure it out, sometimes we all get frustrated and have to change the subject. I can't wait until her pronunciation is better.

The big news: THE ENBREL IS HELPING! EMMA'S ANKLE IS NO LONGER SWOLLEN! This is amazingly wonderful, since the kid's left ankle has been swollen since May. Her knee is better too. It's no longer hot and I don't think it's inflamed, but it is a little lumpy. Her fingers are still little sausages, but I'm hoping they respond soon. We go to physical therapy later this morning. I'm interested to hear what they say.
We're totally related!
On a completely unrelated note, I spent a little time on the internet last night reading about The Hunger Games movie. I'm pretty excited! I'll have to reread those books as soon as I'm done rereading the Hitchhikers' Guide series. I love reading and I am grateful that I have time to read more now that I'm only working part time.

Have a wonderful day, my friends. I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment