Sunday, November 20, 2011

sleep?

Hey there, good looking!

I've decided that if a sitcom or other show had a skit of a typical nighttime for me, people would laugh. My nights are seriously a joke.

Many nights, I get in bed and toss and turn until I finally fall asleep. Occasionally I pass out immediately, but that doesn't happen as often as it used to, thanks to several achy joints that have become a part of my life since having a child.

I sleep for about two hours before the dog wakes me up to go out. He'll go pee, come back in, and I'll settle back into bed. Then, on particularly evil nights, my dog will wake me again a few hours later. Apparently it was too cold or damp for him to take the time to poo the first time he was outside. Awesome. I'll settle back into bed again, and just start to drift off when my cat decides that I have disturbed her sleep and she is now hungry. I take the lid off her food and let her munch away as I start to slumber again. Then, on especially evil nights, Emma will wake just as I fall asleep, and I'll get up to tend her. By the time I'm back in bed, I've been up so much that it takes me a while to really fall asleep. Then, a couple of hours later, Barry's alarm clock goes off, which wakes me and the other cat, who reminds me that it is time for her breakfast. Fifteen minutes of fiddling around with cats and whatnot, and I'm back asleep again, only to be woken two hours later by Emma who has decided that any time between 6 and 7 in the morning is a good time to start the day.

So, what I'm trying to say is I sleep in approximately two hour intervals. That is some severely interrupted sleep. I did some online research and reading on the subject several months ago, but I've forgotten what it said. I have the feeling it wasn't good. (I just found something online that says it may cause memory problems. Go figure.)

One thing is for sure, it's stressing me out and making me a grouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment