Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Big THREE Year Old

Emma turned 3 last week.

Someone at work asked me if it made me sad. I answered her with a definite, "No!"
I adore watching my children grow and blossom. This little girl of mine has a remarkable personality, huge vocabulary, even huger stubborn streak, and enormous capacity to love. She was cute as a baby, but I love the little person she is becoming more and more each day.

Occasionally, she stops what she is doing to lean against me and tell me she loves me. It melts my heart. Other times she tells me she doesn't like me and that she wants me to go to heaven. That doesn't exactly melt my heart, but it makes me chuckle. There are worse things she could say.

Emma loves Disney princesses. She enjoys dressing up in her Cinderella and Rapunzel dresses. She has a toy set of medical instruments and frequently pretends the plunger from the syringe is lipstick, so she heals her sick dolls with lip balm and an injection. I don't think I was EVER as girly as she is at three, so I'm a little bit scared of what the future will hold.

She has been 100% potty trained during the daytime for several months. Sometimes she makes it through the night, sometimes she doesn't. That's why she wears pull-ups when sleeping, and I am a-okay with that. She eats almost anything that we feed her, but loves kid foods the most. Emma enjoys reading, coloring, and dumping all of her toys out all over the floor at once. In her words, "I like to play and make a mess."

Her favorite movies are Cinderella and Peter Pan. She picks out her own clothes every day and dresses herself. Socks are the only thing she doesn't put on by herself because she's extremely particular about the location of the seam across her toes. She loves her brother, will do just about anything if I bribe her with a delicious treat (I know that's bad.), and is probably my best friend right now. (Is that weird?)

Emma LOVED Princess Abigail. (But refused to smile for photos.)
We celebrated her birthday with a wonderful party. Thanks to all of the friends and family who love us and came to party with us. The highlight of the party for Emma was our special guest, Princess Abigail. She did a puppet show, painted faces, and made balloon animals. Emma was enchanted and everyone had a good time.

Did I mention she is stubborn and can withhold a smile like a pro?

So, Happy Birthday to my beautiful girl. I love you more than words can express. I can't believe how much we have been through in just three little years. I look forward to spending the rest of forever watching you grow into a bright, silly, little woman. Thank you for making me a mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment