Sunday, April 8, 2012

North Coast Adventure


Barry dives for abalone along the coast. He's been going on camping and diving trips each Spring and Summer for a long time, and I used to join him regularly. We haven't been camping as a family since Emma joined our world. I'm not quite brave enough to face all of the challenges that such an adventure will surely present. However, I really wanted to enjoy some family time doing something we love, so we went on a day trip yesterday. It was wonderful.

Instead of camping, we drove up in the morning, Barry and his dad dove in the ocean like little seals while Emma and I played on the beach. Then we relaxed, ate lunch, and went for a drive along the coast. We walked along a sandy beach, looked at sea lions, chased the waves, and drove home in the evening. We all had a lot of fun and came home extremely exhausted.

I'm glad we went. I needed the redwoods, ocean air, and salty waves. I've missed that big, blue beast and I seriously started to cry when the car rounded a curve and I saw the Pacific's majestic expanse for the first time in months. (I'm pregnant, give me a break.) It was so beautiful. I'm thankful for these special days, when my little, precious family is relaxed and together.

A walk through the redwoods to the beach!

Swim, Daddy! Swim!

Daddy's out there!

Baby Liam & Emma's first dive trip

Chasing the bubbles and loving it!

2 comments:

  1. Usually around Fort Ross. This time we were at Stillwater Cove for them to dive, and then played on the beach at Goat Rock in Jenner. :)

    ReplyDelete