Monday, April 30, 2012

Ancestors Are Old, But Cool!

One of Barry's grandmas sent us some genealogy today. I opened the package and looked over the family groups. Then my jaw fell open and stayed that way for several moments.

Barry was intrigued by the look of utter surprise on my face. "What? What is it?!"

Oh, no big deal. Just that one of these families comes from Ireland and the wife's maiden name happens to be MY MAIDEN NAME.

Barry's grandpa had several aunts and uncles on his mother's side. A few months after we had our daughter, we learned a fun fact: one of these great-great-aunts has the same first and middle names as our Emma. Today, we learned that another great-great-aunt married a man who's maternal grandmother is a Hackett.

I don't know what any of this means, but it sure gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment