Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Fun

The holidays this year have been great. Emma actually understands what presents are and the joy of opening them to find something exciting inside. She quickly learned that any hard-to-open packages should be taken directly to Daddy after unwrapping, since he's the one with the handy pocket knife.





We drove around to look at Christmas lights on several occasions and Em always enjoyed the experience. She recognizes Santa and Baby Jesus and loves to point them out to us. She likes Christmas songs and the classic animated movies. She now knows about snowmen, reindeer, and Santa. It is adorable and so much fun.

Barry's sister gave Emma a doll and stroller. Emma is in love. She plays with that doll more than any other toy now, and she insists on sleeping with her during naps and at night.

This time of year I am especially grateful that we have family so near. I am also extremely thankful to have gained so many kind family members through marriage. My last grandparent, my Grandpa who is one of my favorite people in the universe, passed away shortly after I got married. Now, through my husband, I have loving grandparents again and it is wonderful. Christmas wouldn't be quite the same without grandparents.

I hope all of your holiday celebrations have been full of family, friends, laughter and love. I also hope that 2012 brings you health, peace, and joy. There are so many things lying ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment