Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Stroll

My husband is a good man, not all that skilled when using Google Maps, but a good man. He planned a nice walk for us on Memorial Day. We would walk approximately 2.5 miles, eat lunch in downtown Los Gatos, and walk back. We met up with his cousin, her husband and baby, and began our trek along the Los Gatos Creek Trail. It was great, lots of different trees, ducks, geese, and people. I really enjoyed catching up with his cousin and I'm glad our baby girls finally got to meet.

We'd been walking for a while when I asked Barry how much further we had. "Just a little bit. Downtown is right up there." he said, pointing ahead. We walked a while further and my legs started feeling like jello when I asked again. He gave me the exact same answer. Oh great.

Finally we made it, ate some Mexican food that was too expensive and only moderately yummy, then got up to make out way back. We began walking back and enjoyed a nice break while the girls chased geese. Then we wiped all the goose poo off of their shoes, pants, and hands, and continued our journey. I was tired by the time we got to our cars, but it was a good kind of tired.

Once we were at home we played around on Google Maps together and discovered that the route was actually 4.5 miles one way. I walked nine miles yesterday! I'm proud of myself.

As for Barry, his excuse is that he used to ride his bike on that trail all the time as a kid and it never seemed very long. My husband is a good man, just don't trust him when he tells you the approximate distance of a trail or length of time it takes to travel.

1 comment: