Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The City by the Bay

I had to go to San Francisco for a bit of business today. It was the first time I've ever taken BART to the city all by myself. What a grown up I am!

I enjoy going there and taking in all of the sights. The skyline when I first came up the escalator from below ground is really incredible. Do every day commuters even notice? The people walking by in their variety of styles are wonderful to watch. My favorite moment of the day was when I noticed two matching clocks mounted on the same building. They were at a corner, one clock facing south, one facing east, so I could see both at the same time as I approached. However, I wasn't seeing both at the same time, because one was five minutes behind the other. How can you mess up the synchronization of two clocks that are so very near each other? It made me smile.

I wish I had taken a picture.

I met a man who was very nice. We went to the same college and would have had a lots to talk about if we had met under different circumstances. Unfortunately, we cannot be friends and today's meeting was almost all business. Oh well. It was a new experience to add to my collection. ;)

Also, hooray for my Lil' Casey, her mad S.F. driving skills, and delicious, authentic Mexican food! Mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment