Thursday, January 7, 2016

Book Worm

I have blogged in the past about the books I've read each year. I'm ashamed to admit that in 2015 I only read eleven books and listened to one audio book.

I started keeping track of my reading in 2010, the year Emma was born. That year I read eight books, which isn't so bad for having a newborn. In 2011 I read THIRTY books! I'm not sure how I accomplished such a feat, but I've never been able to read that many again. Each year I read less and less, and I it makes me sad. 

My lack of reading is probably due to the increased number of children I care for on a daily basis. I have also lost the luxury time that used to come when my kids napped. Now, I have no alone time. Ever. I also have very little free time in general. I think I have more friends and social interactions, so that's a plus, but I miss being alone (or with a pet or two) on the couch in a quiet room, sucked into a good book. 

Here are the books I read in 2015. I enjoyed them all. 

  • The Tao of Pooh - Hoff (Fun book. I'd like to read more about Taoism.)
  • Chances Are - Abramson 
  • Hatchet - Paulson 
  • The Hundred Foot Journey - Morais 
  • The Mistress's Daughter - Homes 
  • Still Alice - Genova 
  • Ticker - Mantchev (My first ever steam punk novel. That was fun!) 
  • Between Shades of Gray - Septys 
  •  The Princess Bride - Goldman 
  • How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk - Faber & Mazlish
  • Cinder - Meyer (This was my first Audio Book, and it's the first in a series. I need to listen to the next two...) 
  • Mormon Enigma: Emma Hale Smith - Newel & Avery (I only read about half of this one before it was due back to the library!)
Sadly, I'm STILL in the middle of a great book that I borrowed from a friend a few months ago. It is called Spindle's End by Robin McKinley. I need to finish it!!!!! 

This year, in addition to blogging more, I'm hoping to read more books. I'm in a book group, so I have one book a month already planned, but I'd like to read even more. 

What books have you read lately that you really loved?



No comments:

Post a Comment