Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Big ONE!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIAM!!!!

(Photo by Emma)
It's hard to believe that an entire year has gone by as a mother of two. My children are my world. I am so lucky to be able to spend almost every day with them, raising them, teaching them, and learning from them. Liam's presence in our family is a tangible blessing. He elicits smiles from everyone he meets. He is his sister's number one fan and daily playmate. He is my light and my joy. He is his father's bouncing boy.

Here is a snapshot of life with Liam at one year old:
  • He crawls faster than a speeding bullet. 
  • He cruises along the couch almost as quickly. 
  • He loves opening and closing containers, pulling items out of boxes/buckets and replacing them, and chewing on anything and everything. 
  • His third tooth just broke through the gums two days ago.
  • He typically wakes up three times a night. (It's crazy. I know.)
  • He takes two lovely naps each day. 
  • He wears size 3 diapers. 
  • He loves to wave "Bah-Bah" out doors, regardless of if someone is coming or going. 
  • He says "DaDa!" when he sees his daddy. "Dah" for dog and down. "Ca" for cat. He whines and cries for me. Figures. 
  • He recently started shaking his head and saying "Uh-uh." Sometimes he really means to nod his head and say "Uh-huh!" but he hasn't figured out the difference between the two.
  • He loves to eat. His food, your food, my food. He even shows interest in the cat's food, but I try not to encourage that sort of behavior. 
  • When I talk on the phone, his face lights up and he gets very excited. 
  • He loves clapping. 
  • His favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. 
  • He is obsessed with fans and electrical cords. I wish he had a safer obsession. 
  • He says, "Bah" for book, but doesn't sit still long enough for me to read more than a few pages to him at a time.
  • He loves to hug his stuffed puppy (from Emma) and pet it's ear when I put him in his crib.
  • I bet he weighs 22 pounds, but I'll know for sure at his doctor's appointment this afternoon. 
Basically, we love him to pieces, our lives wouldn't be complete without him, and it has been amazing to watch him grow from a new baby into a sweet, little boy this past year.
Birthday kiss attack!!!
"Are you eating without me??!"


August 1, 2012



August 1, 2013


Happy Birthday, Baby Boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment