Saturday, June 1, 2013

It's Juuuneeeeeee!

Life just keeps on moving on, doesn't it?

Liam is TEN MONTHS OLD today! Incredible! He is still adorable, happy, and drooling all the time. Many exciting "firsts" have happened in the past month.
I LOVE those eyes! (Photo by Katelyn West)
  • A tooth came through a couple of weeks ago. I do not detect any more, yet.
  • He participated in his first Arthritis Walk and wore pink because he is a stud. 
  • He rode in a grocery cart like a big boy.
  • He survived his first haircut. I used Barry's clippers, did it all myself, and am rather pleased with the results.
  • He figured out how to make the "M" sound. "Ma ma ma" is music to my ears, even though he has no idea what he's talking about.
  • Yesterday, he figured out how to go forward! It's a workout, pulling himself across the floor and dragging his belly along like a worm, but it's in the right direction! 
I love him, madly.

Emma had an appointment with her rheumatologist this week and everything checked out fabulously! Still no signs of arthritis and she has been off all medication for an entire month. Her blood work looks great, no signs of inflammation or other oddities. More exciting news: her doctor feels that lab work is not needed at Emma's recheck in three months. This will be the first time in two years that Em will go longer than three months between blood draws! That's a big deal for a little kid.
Now, if I could just figure out how to get her sassy attitude under control...
Sassy attitude? I wonder where she gets it!
Barry is as silly as usual. I'm trying to convince him to trim his hideously long goatee, but he claims that he needs it for his Halloween costume and can't shave it until November 1st. Seriously?!?

He cooks us breakfast for dinner every Sunday, has frequent living room dance parties with the kids, and recently crafted an oil lamp out of a canning jar, some copper wire, a cotton ball, and olive oil. Go figure.

Me, Myself, and I have been doing really well. I'm tired because I never sleep for more than a few hours at a time, but that's just part of my life these days. I've been going to Zumba twice a week since the beginning of the year and I'm really enjoying it. Exercise is good for the body, mind, and spirit. An added bonus? I've lost just about all the weight I gained with my pregnancies. Hooray!

I am enjoying gardening and haven't killed all my plants, so I must be doing something right. I can't wait to eat corn, cucumbers, peas, tomatoes, carrots, squash, broccoli, and watermelon from my own yard! Our plums will be ripe soon, too. I'm even growing our own pumpkins this year. We planted a peach tree and raspberry plants that will have fruit next year. I'm so excited! (I'm also drooling...)

What's new with you?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment