Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Doctor Doctor, Give Me News...

Today was busy.

After all of our morning chores, breakfast, and the usual routine, Em and I hopped in the car and drove approximately 30 minutes to her rheumatology appointment. Everything is still looking great with her, so we're going to stick with our current plan and go in for her next check up in four months. Awesome!

On the way home we stopped at the Oakland Temple, because that's what we like to do. Emma loves to hear the big statue of Jesus "talk." Today we heard the recording in English and Greek, which was very exciting.

Once home, I made a delicious lunch of steamed broccoli and mac-n-cheese. We finished up with some raspberries and blueberries. Now, with both of us stuffed full and happy as can be, it was nearly nap time for Emma.

I settled her into bed and settled myself in front of this computer to do a little online shopping. The time has come to purchase the final items off of my baby registry with my gift cards. I love Target, but I was annoyed to discover that the 10% discount on "everything" left on my registry doesn't actually apply to everything. What the heck? Fine, I don't care at this point if I have to pay the full price for formula and shampoo, at least they qualified for free shipping. However, at checkout time the website informed me that I could only use up to four gift cards per transaction. I have seven gift cards! That doesn't seem very fair!

Oh well. With the purchase finally made, using gift cards and my credit card, my mom was at my house and it was time for me to leave again. Off I went to another doctor's appointment. This time I drove 30 minutes in a different direction to meet the OB/GYN who will be my surgeon and deliver my baby boy! She seems like a nice doctor and I got good vibes from her, so I trust that I'll be in good hands. Only fourteen days to go!

As soon as I got home it was time to scoot the kitchen table around and gather the needed dinner paraphernalia to feed the missionaries a delicious dinner of salad and pizza.

Now they're gone, the kid is bathed and singing to herself in bed, and I am documenting this day. I'm about ready for a shower and bedtime myself.

I might not look huge to you, but I'm a huge pregnant lady. Seriously. And huge pregnant ladies don't like driving around for two hours in one day. My back is sore and my rib hurts.

Blurry, but you get the idea.





No comments:

Post a Comment