Last year I wrote a whopping TWO blog posts. This year I am attempting to do a little more writing. However, I'm pretty sure I say something along those lines every single new year, so... we shall see how it all pans out. Part of me thinks that my writing should be kept to myself; maybe it should just be tucked away in a folder on my hard drive, or maybe this entire blog should be changed from public to private. Another part of me thinks, no. Naw. Nope. So here I am.
Reflecting on last year... I can tell you I didn't write much because I haven't had anything new to say. Life has been still, routine, simple, and mostly pleasant. The feelings and upsets that have ruffled my feathers the past couple of years have been of a rather personal nature. While I don't mind sharing some of those stories and troubles, they aren't only mine to tell, so I keep my typing fingers quiet. I stew in my personal soup of frustration, discontent, and general feelings of resentment in private, like a damn grownup. I also verbally vomit on all of my friends. (Sorry friends.)
2023 has started off rainy and wet in California. We need the rain, but since we don't have updated systems to hold on to this water, it's just going to flow out to sea and won't do the trick to improve our drought status. What a mess. I do enjoy the rain and these days trapped inside with my fireplace blazing and a book on my lap. Today I enjoyed walking in the mist, watching a rainbow spread across the sky, with an audiobook in my ears. After two weeks of Winter Break, the kids went back to school, the husband went back to work, and I stayed home to enjoy quiet, solitude, autonomy, and peace for few days before I work again. I've got cats, tea, coffee, wine, my dog, so many snacks, and books. With my fire heating the living room and rain outside my window, I actually dozed on the couch for about thirty minutes today. Napping simply because I CAN?!? Who am I? I don't know anymore, but I'll tell you what, it was insanely relaxing.
Welcome to another year of madness. I hope that it is peaceful and calm. I hope that I find many days to rest on my couch with a tummy full of candy-covered popcorn and a head full of books.
Current Reads:
To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf, The Da Vince Code by Dan Brown, and Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr.

I love reading whatever you write when you write it. I can relate so often to what you write...like that soup of frustration and resentment...oh, there's a big ol' pot of that on my stove.
ReplyDeleteI read Cloud Cucko Land late last year. I was surprised that, although well written, I did not enjoy it nearly as much as his other works. I was disappointed by it.