Friday, July 29, 2022

Well Well Well

This is my first blog post in 2022. 
This is my first blog post in 2022?!?!?

It's already the end of July. What the hell have I been doing with my time? 

I. Have. No. Idea. 

Really. I don't. Maybe my brains are broken because we're 2.25 years into a global pandemic that won't go away (because people don't seem to understand concepts around public health) and every day for the past 821 days feels like The Song That Never Ends. Who knows what I've been up to? Who even knows what day it is, or what year for that matter?!?

The entirety of 2022 has been an interesting time at work. The vet practice is under new ownership! It has been very exciting to watch my old-friend-turned-new-boss put many of her great ideas into motion. Our office is growing and changing in awesome ways, but all of the changes have created many stressful days at work. Painting and remodeling meant there were weeks when things were moved around hectically and it was difficult to find what I needed when I needed it. Upgrades in technology have meant learning new phone systems and computer programs, which made me feel slow and inefficient until I got the hang of things. We're going through another learning curve right now with new computer software, and we're ironing out the wrinkles as we find them. It will all be great when we're efficiently using these new tools, but at the moment... I'm exhausted. I dream about work when I'm asleep at night. I worry about work when I'm lying awake at night. 

Here are some fun things (that are not work) that have broken up the monotony of my life in 2022 so far: Day trips to the beach, kid sleepovers and middle school drama, an anniversary weekend in Napa, pet-sitting multiple times for various people, visits with friends from out of town, food and drinks with amazing coworkers, Book Group with my ExMormon ladies, playing D&D with dearest friends, going on walks with my dog, friend-dates, talking on the phone with my mama, getting a third piercing on each earlobe. 

Lots of little things have happened this year, but nothing that necessitates an entire blog post.

Truthfully, I haven't been writing here because I'm still smack dab in the middle of complex stories that aren't only mine to tell. I shouldn't write about the complexities of parenting a kid who is exploring their identity as a member of a marginalized community while the story is still unfolding and the main character isn't me. I shouldn't write about the difficulties of navigating a marriage with someone who holds values opposite to mine because the plot is still unraveling and the relationship is still evolving and some people (Not me, obviously. Ha!) don't want all of their dirty laundry aired publicly on the internet.

Whatever the reasons that I haven't written, the important thing is that I am writing right now. Hopefully I'll have something else to write about again, soon.

(Thanks, Candace, for mentioning this blog and inspiring me to add to it a little bit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment