Here is the complete list of the books I consumed in 2019. This year's total is more than the previous year, so I am happy! 77 Books in all! (55 were audiobooks.)
I will list them in the order I read them and note the audiobooks. I am able to "read" more audiobooks than actually sitting down and reading with my eyes because I am always on the move. I love listening to audiobooks to really get swept into a tale. I especially love hearing authors and poets read their own works, so I can hear their words in the same way that they hear them.
2019 continued on with my love of Brandon Sanderson novels. I also gobbled up anything I could find by Neil Gaiman, since discovering his writing last year and getting completely hooked. I would recommend any book by either of those authors. I will note with an asterisk all of my most loved, highest recommended books. Disclaimer - I like a lot of Young Adult books, and I'm a sucker for fantasy.
Here we go...
- The Catcher in the Rye -J.D. Salinger (This was a re-read)
- *Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archive #2) -Brandon Sanderson (Audio)
- Mortal Engines -Philip Reeve (Audio)
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine -Gail Honeyman (Audio)
- Artemis Fowl -Eoin Colfer (Audio)
- My Year of Rest and Relaxation -Ottessa Moshfegh (Audio)
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone (#1) -Laini Taylor (Audio)
- Looking For Alaska -John Green
- The Hazelwood -Melissa Albert (Audio)
- *The Graveyard Book -Neil Gaiman (Audio)
- The Dance of the Dissident Daughter -Sue Monk Kidd
- Days of Blood and Starlight (#2) -Laini Taylor
- *Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive #3) -Brandon Sanderson (Audio)
- *Circe -Madeline Miller (Audio)
- *Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances -Neil Gaiman (Audio)
- *The Rules of Magic -Alice Hoffman (Audio)
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters (#3) -Laini Taylor
- Practical Magic -Alice Hoffman (Audio)
- *Skyward (#1)-Brandon Sanderson (ebook/Audio)
- *Truthwitch (Witchland Novels #1) -Susan Dennard
- Archenemies (Renegades #2) -Marissa Meyer (Audio)
- *Children of Blood and Bone (Orisha #1) -Tomi Adeyemi (Audio)
- Tituba of Salem Village -Ann Petry
- The Underground Railroad -Colson Whitehead (Audio)
- *Windwitch (Witchland Novels #2) -Susan Dennard
- *Sightwitch (Witchland Novels #2.5) -Susan Dennard
- Astrophysics for People in a Hurry -Neil deGrasse Tyson (Audio)
- *Bloodwitch (Witchland Novels #3) -Susan Dennard
- *The Night Circus -Erin Morgenster (Audio)
- *Neverwhere -Neil Gaiman (Audio)
- *The Eyre Affair -Jasper Fforde (Audio) (This was a re-read)
- Crazy Rich Asians -Kevin Kwan (Audio)
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely (#1) -Brigid Kemmerer
- Early Riser -Jasper Fforde (Audio)
- Milk and Honey -Rupi Kaur (Audio)
- Brown: Poems -Kevin Young (Audio)
- *Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix -J.K. Rowling (re-read with Harry Potter and the Sacred Text Podcast)
- *The Ocean at the End of the Lane -Neil Gaiman (Audio)
- China Dolls -Lisa See
- My Own Words -Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Audio)
- Coraline -Neil Gaiman (Audio)
- The Kingdom -Jess Rothenberg
- Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive -Stephanie Land (Audio)
- *Odd and the Frost Giants -Neil Gaiman (Audio)
- Dream a Little Dream (#1) -Kerstin Geir
- *Anansi Boys -Neil Gaiman (Audio)
- Dream On (#2) -Kerstin Geir
- *White Fragility: Why It's So Hard to Talk to White People About Racism -Robin DiAngelo (Audio)
- *The Song of Achilles -Madeline Miller (Audio)
- Vinegar Girl -Anne Tyler (Audio)
- *We Should All Be Feminists -Chimamanda Ngoz-Adiche (Audio)
- *Nine Perfect Strangers -Liane Moriarty (Audio)
- The Nightingale -Kristin Hannah (Audio)
- Just Dreaming (#3) -Kerstin Gier
- The Hate U Give -Angie Thomas (Audio)
- *Calypso -David Sedaris (Audio)
- The Chemis -Stephanie Meyer (Audio)
- *American Gods -Neil Gaiman (Audio)
- *Good Omens -Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman (Audio)
- The Immortalists - Chloe Benjamin (Audio)
- Watership Down -Richard Adams (Audio)
- Ark -Veronica Roth (Audio)
- *Elantris -Brandon Sanderson
- *Arcanum Unbounded -Brandon Sanderson (Audio)
- Turtles All the Way Down -John Green (Audio)
- *Becoming -Michelle Obama (Audio)
- *The Scorpio Races -Maggie Stiefvater (Audio)
- Aurora Rising (#1) -Amy Kaufman (Audio)
- The Lady Rogue -Jen Bennet
- The Testaments -Margaret Atwood (Audio)
- *We Hunt the Flame (#1) -Hafsah Faizal (Audio)
- House of Salt and Sorrow -Erin A. Craig
- Big Little Lies -Liane Moriarty (Audio)
- The Honey Bus: A Memoir of Loss, Courage, and a Girl Saved by Bees -Meredith May (Audio)
- *Stardust -Neil Gaiman (Audio)
- Emergency Skin -N.K. Jemish (Audio)
- *Starless Sea -Erin Morgenstern (Audio)
You can find me on Goodreads if you want to follow along next year.
Happy Reading!!!!
You inspire me to be better, literally! Heh heh... No but really, I’m ashamed to say my list of streamed binge-watched shows is probably longer than my list of books for last year. You rock!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! What an awesome year of reading (and listening) you had! I did okay, myself, but I certainly didn't make it up to 77 (I also don't listen to audio books). I, too, read #4, 53, and 66 with you in 2019. I read #24 in 2018 (and have plans to read The Nickel Boys in 2020). And I watched #32 (that sort of counts for me because I never have time to watch movies!). Can't wait to see what you read this year!
ReplyDelete