Monday, January 14, 2019

The Books of 2018!

I consumed a total of 45 books in one year!!!
One of those books was unfinished because I really didn't love it. Twenty-seven of those books were audiobooks. A year or two ago, I would have considered audiobooks as some sort of "cheating" and not real reading at all, but my outlook has changed. I love a good audiobook!

In the order that I finished reading them, here are the books of 2018:


  • Dust (Silo #3) by Hugh Howey
  • Alice's Adventure in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
  • Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
  • The Good Girls Revolt by Lynn Povich (unfinished)
  • Renegades by Marissa Meyer (Audio)
  • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
  • Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life... by William H. McRaven (Audio)
  • Hidden Figures: The American Dream & Untold Story... by Margot Lee Sheerly (Audio)
  • The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom (Audio)
  • On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
  • Ready, Set, Breathe: Practicing Mindfulness with Your Children by Carla Naumburg
  • The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson (Audio)
  • What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton (Audio)
  • Gregor the Overland (Underland Chronicles #1) by Suzanne Collins (Audio)
  • A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig
  • Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane (Underland Chronicles #2) by Suzanne Collins (Audio)
  • Gregor and the Curse of the Warm Bloods (Underland Chronicles #3) by Suzanne Collins (Audio)
  • The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
  • The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2) by Brandon Sanderson (Audio)
  • Gregor and the Mark of the Secret (Underland Chronicles #4) by Suzanne Collins (Audio)
  • The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3) by Brandon Sanderson (Audio)
  • Gregor and the Code of Claw (Underland Chronicles #5) by Suzanne Collins (Audio)
  • The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit by Michael Finked (Audio)
  • The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (Audio)
  • The Outlaws of Sherwood by Robin McKinley
  • The Boys In The Boat: The True Story of An American Team's Epic Journey to Win Gold... by Daniel James Brown (Audio)
  • The Alloy of Law (Mistborn #4) by Brandon Sanderson (Audio)
  • Shadows of Self (Mistborn #5) by Brandon Sanderson (Audio)
  • The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn #6) by Brandon Sanderson (Audio) 
  • Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
  • The Fates Divide by Veronica Roth
  • Educated by Tara Westover (Audio)
  • The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
  • Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou (Audio)
  • I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up For Education... by Malala Yousafzai & Christina Lamb (Audio)
  • The BFG by Roald Dahl  (Audio)
  • Persuasion by Jane Austin  (Audio)
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings #1) by Kevin Hearne (Audio)
  • The Girl On The Cliff by Lucinda Riley
  • The Turnaway Girls by Hayley Chewins
  • Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman (Audio)
  • The Way Of Kings (Stormlight Archives #1) by Brandon Sanderson  (Audio)
In case you didn't notice... 2018 was the year I became hooked on Brandon Sanderson audiobooks. I highly recommend his books. I thoroughly loved Ready Player One. Carve the Mark and The Fates Divide had me sucked in immediately. I couldn't put down Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstances. 

I keep track of my reading on Goodreads, so you are welcome to be friends with me there and see what I'm reading. 
Happy reading in 2019! Do you have any books you're excited to read?!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You were a speedy reader in 2018! I came in at a total of 10 books, nowhere close to your 45! I, too, read What Happened in 2018. Here's my list for 2019:

    THE LAST DAYS OF NIGHT by Graham Moore

    PARIS IN THE PRESENT TENSE by Mark Helprin

    THERE THERE by Tommy Orange

    THE SOUL OF AN OCTOPUS by Sy Montgomery

    THE LIBRARY BOOK by Susan Orlean

    UNSHELTERED by Barbara Kingsolver

    PACHINKO by Min Jin Lee

    BEFORE WE WERE YOURS by Lisa Wingate

    SOMETIMES I LIE by Alice Feeney

    WHISKEY WHEN WE’RE DRY by John Larison

    FOREIGN AFFAIRS by Alison Lurie

    EDUCATED by Tara Westover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 11 books...I remembered one more. Still far short of 45!

      Delete