I've been in a bit of a rut lately. I'm tired all the time, super irritable, frustrated, angry, feel spread thin, and heavy with dislike. Pretty much, I'm human and life is hard. However, the past seven days have been pretty good and I'm feeling proud of myself, so I'm going to write about it to document the ups in contrast to the downs of life.
In one week I have:
Done a full 30 minutes of yoga on my own at home... four times! (My shoulders hurt now.)
Meditated or made a few minutes for me to be still and breathe... five times!
Gone on a family date to a movie and lunch. (Peter Rabbit!!!)
Washed, folded, and put away all of the sheets and towels!
Scheduled my first ever therapy session! (I haven't gone yet.)
Spent time at the park with my friend, TWICE!
Actually made time to read books.
Trimmed some of the ivy that is our front yard and extended our porch a bit.
The husband got these brick things (Apparently they are called "castle wall blocks," which sounds alright to me!) from our neighbor several years ago when the neighbor started his home remodel. My husband is Mr. Resourceful and hates to see any building material go in the garbage because "he could make something out of that!" So, for several years, these blocks have been sitting in my driveway waiting to be used.
Today, the kids didn't have to go to school and I didn't have to go to work (Thanks Terre!) so I had beautiful, glorious, extra time. The weather was gorgeous and we just couldn't stay inside! After a lazy breakfast, I got out the extension cords and hedge trimmers, the kids got out their bicycles and scooters, and we spent a big chunk of the morning in the front yard.
I feel accomplished. I feel healthy and alive when I use my body and strength (ha!) to create physical change in my environment. I also feel my emotional health improve when I spend a good part of the day outside.
So, hooray for the past week. Fingers crossed for more of the same.
Getting outside works wonders for my ruts too!
ReplyDelete