| Feb 1st - 13 weeks along |
I found out I was pregnant at the beginning of December and actually managed to keep it a secret until Christmas. Well, mostly a secret. For safety reasons, I have to let all of my coworkers and bosses know I'm pregnant right away so no one asks me to take X-rays or help with chemo treatments, so I got to share the news with the Vet Ladies. Having some friends to talk to about made it a lot easier to keep such important news from my mother.
| I think she's excited. |
I am extremely grateful that this pregnancy has been smooth sailing, just like the first one. I've been nauseous but haven't vomited at all, aside from that quick stomach flu a few weeks ago, but that doesn't count. I am very tired. No. That's not the right word. Exhausted is a much more accurate description. Not only am I hosting a parasitic, super fast growing human in my uterus, I am also chasing around at least one small child all day. It wears on a girl. As the first trimester is finishing up, I'm starting to feel a little of my energy coming back, but I'm fairly certain that I still look like a zombie most of the time.
The main difference between pregnancies is that I don't get to sit around and think about this one. Poor Shrimpy only gets my thoughts a few times a day, especially when Emma come and asks to "see" the baby and softly rubs my tummy to say hello. (Sweetest thing, ever.) I also ponder my pregnancy each night as I lie in bed and have some quiet time to myself. Otherwise, my attention is usually on my wild and crazy almost two year old, or I'm zoning out with a good book. By this point of my first pregnancy we had already picked out a boy and girl name, so we were ready. Now, with Shrimpy, we've agreed on a potential middle name for a boy, and that's it. It's weird how life changes.
I'm very excited for this baby. I am happy that Emma will have a little brother or sister to play with and grow up loving. I'm looking forward to feeling Shrimpy move, getting a big, fat belly, and experiencing all of the changes of pregnancy. I am especially excited to watch our family grow and adjust as we add another child to the madness of it all.
I'll be sure to keep you updated.
(Oh. Maybe I should mention. The kiddo is due in early August.)
Being pregnant was two of the very best times in my life. I felt so healthy and *special*! Enjoy it!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I'm glad there will be another cute little Spencer in the world. :)
ReplyDelete