Monday, May 7, 2012

Emma Knows Some New Tricks

I've spent a bunch of time the past few weeks teaching Emma skills that will help her through her life, because that's what mommies do.

First, I am proud to say, the girl is POTTY TRAINED! We've been virtually accident free for about two weeks. She's still in a diaper during her nap and over night, but that's a-okay with me. She's amazing and I am thankful that she caught on so quickly. I was afraid this was going to be one of those highly frustrating parenting experiences, but it was no big deal. Thank goodness.

Proof that potty training has its ups and downs.
Secondly, she finally knows the names of more colors than just pink. We have been using jelly beans to help her learn. We've got a bunch of Trader Joe's natural jelly beans that are delicious. If she can name the right color, I'll let her eat a bean. Talk about motivation. She's pretty much mastered red, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink, dark pink, and white.

Isn't she so great?

1 comment:

  1. Glad potty training went well. They all have accidents later, and that's perfectly normal. It's a good thing to only have one child in diapers!

    ReplyDelete