Thursday, March 25, 2010

so what if it's 2:30AM

I am so hungry and so tired.
How am I supposed to eat enough calories to produce enough good breast milk if I'm always nursing? How am I supposed to sleep enough to produce enough good breast milk if I have to eat during all of my spare time?
(This bagel is delicious.)

I love motherhood and am so in love with my daughter, but there are a lot of things going on right now that I do not love.

1. Winter wakes me more frequently than the baby. I know she's a 17-year-old cat with health issues, but why did I ever start feeding her during the night? This is awful.

2. I am not fat, I know, but none of my clothes fit. Cute maternity pants don't stay up now that I have no belly. Pre-preggo pants don't make it over my newly expanded hips. I'm left with stretchy exercise pants or pjs. I feel like a slob all of the time.

3. I hardly go anywhere or do anything. This is partly due to the fact that I have a highly demanding infant who needs fed every 2 to 3 hours. Also, please reread statement #2.

4. I go back to work in 2 weeks and I really don't want to leave my baby. I'm sure it will all be fine, but it's adding a lot of stress to my world. How do I plan for her needs while she is in the care of someone else?

Okay. I'm going back to bed now.

1 comment:

  1. I love you. I want to come see you and the beautiful one of which you speak. Hang in there. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete